Arsenal reported profit of £49.5m for the six months to the end of November.
£49.5m is a lot of money in the football world. It’s about $80m and it brings up a few questions about what Arsenal could have done with this money.
Well, anyhow – Soccerissue has decided to suggest 10 things Arsenal could have done with their 80 million dollars profit:
1. Arsenal could have paid the annual salaries of all of the MLS players (about $80m).
2. Arsenal could have bought 22 advertisements spots at the last Super Bowl – which would have done a lot to promote the Arsenal brand in the U.S market.
3. Arsenal could have invested in the new EA game, which is supposed to be a huge hit – Star Wars: The Old Republic. EA is reportedly investing $80 million in the game’s development.
4. Arsenal could have bought a F-35 stealth multi role fighter aircraft, which would have come handy in warning Barcelona or Real Madrid off Wenger’s best players.
5. Arsenal could have bought Blackburn and stay with £26.5m to spend on players (Venky’s paid £23 million for the club).
6. Arsenal could have done a world of good for Ghana, which recently secured a €50m loan to buy 500 vehicles, bullet-proof vests and 1,000 communication gadgets for the Ghana Police Service to enhance its security operations.
7. Arsenal could have treated their fans to a round of beers in every Premier League match (home and away).
8. With $80m profit Arsenal can buy Edvard Munch’s masterpiece “The Scream”. It could be a very nice feature at The Emirates.
9. Arsenal could have bought players like Kun Agüero, Javier Pastore or Falcao – all of them purchased this summer for less than €50m.
10. Arsenal could have bought players of a great caliber like Franck Ribéry, Wesley Sneijder, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Gonzalo Higuaín, Karim Benzema, Neymar, Mario Götze, Hulk, Xabi Alonso – all of them are valued less than €50m by transfermarkt.de.